6.21.2011

Background leading up to P90X

I started in December of 2010 with tracking my food intake and controlling my calories.  From a start of 299 I was able to get down to around 260 with just food and using elliptical 1 or 2 times a week.  Then I got stuck at ~265.  I looked at P90X, but it was just not doable.  So I decided to do Power90 first. 

At 25-30 days in I moved up to level 3/4 and after a week or two there I started adding 10-20 mins on elliptical to the mix.  I decided to get ready to do P90X at day 60 and have been mixing in the P90X routines for the final 2 weeks of Power90 just to get familiar with the exercises.  I also replaced AbRipper200 with Ab RipperX for the last 2 weeks of Power90 too.  I will post my starting data here on Day1 but I expect to start the program at around 250 lbs.  I have greatly increased my strength on the Power90 plan and my waist size has decreased, but I really only lost about 10-12 lbs or so.

I am doing the Lean schedule and I will also be using the nutrition plan.  Calculator says I should be Level3 plan, but I will be doing level2 calorie intake since I want to try and lose some weight to make the pullups easier.  (and by easier I mean possible)  I also have protein supplements on order as I have had two people tell me I will die of soreness without them.  I swear the hardest part of this all is going to be giving up almost all carbs for 3-4 weeks of Phase 1.  I also may consider swapping in the Plyometrics workout in phase 3.  I did it once already and its was the hardest thing I have ever done.  I actually almost hurled.  How can I not try to add that in?  It almost seems like cheating that it isn't in the schedule.

I got my setup all ready and am just going to try out the rest of the routines this week and then take 2-3 days off before the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment