6.29.2011

Day 3

Arms & Shoulders + AbRipperX.  Longer routines mean more pain to schedule.  I switched my schedule today and got up at 5:30 am.  Ouch.  Got some breakfast and waited about 20 mins and then got to work.  Hard routine, but much more able to keep up.  The strength routines are far more scalable since you control the weights.  Had to go way lighter than I would like on the flys.  Esp in the bonus round.  My shoulders were thrashed and I couldn't even get 10's up!  Was surprised though, used the 20's more than I originally thought.  My 13.5s are a bit low though.  I think I may go with offset weights on each end so I can make them 16's  Couple exercises where I couldn't use 20, but 13.5 seemed light.
AbRipperX was brutal.  I am not used to being this wasted when I start it.  V-up rollups were horrible today, did worse than usual on the split situps.  On the plus side I did better than normal on Mason Twists.  Was able to do 30 with one leg up at a time and then actually got 10 in with both legs up.  Still can't get within 6 inches of the floor though.  Improved leg climbs too.  I figured out I can straighten out my leg and still get almost the ankle with first grab.  I am about 2 inches shy of the toe though with the leg locked out.  Also realized that it helps immensely if you keep the off foot bent and on the ground.  Much more stable platform.


Day 2 ended up being not so great food wise as I had two meals out.  Pretty hard to get by with 1 serving of carbs in 2 restaurant meals.  Today will be 100% on plan though.

No comments:

Post a Comment